Gordon & MacPhail, the world’s leading malt whisky specialists, has re-launched its website.
The new site clearly reflects four different areas of Gordon & MacPhail’s business; bottling, distilling, retail and a new trade section which provides details of the company’s UK wholesale and export business.
Key features of the site include an interactive method of exploring the tasting notes of Gordon & MacPhail whiskies, searching distillery profiles and links to social media applications like Facebook and Twitter.
Joint Managing Director, Michael Urquhart explains:
“Since the company was established in 1895, Gordon & MacPhail has grown significantly and we now have many different business interests. The new website tells our story more clearly, providing detailed information about the company, our products and services.”
“We anticipate that one of the most popular areas of the site will be the section entitled ‘our whiskies’, which provides users with detailed tasting notes and information regarding 300 expressions of Single Malt Whisky bottled by Gordon & MacPhail.”
The announcement regarding the new website follows the recent launch of an online whisky course developed by the company, in partnership with Moray College UHI, to help more people across the globe learn more about Scotch Whisky its origins and the production process.
The new portal will be an integral part of the company’s future digital strategy and over the next year Gordon & MacPhail will continue to develop its digital presence which will include a new website for Benromach, the company’s own Single Malt Scotch Whisky produced at Speyside’s smallest working distillery.
You can buy Gordon & MacPhail Malt Whiskies from:-
About Gordon & MacPhail
· Established in 1895, Gordon & MacPhail is one of Scotland’s leading independent whisky, wine and premium spirit specialists. The company is owned and directed by members of the 3rd and 4th generation of the Urquhart family.
· The company was founded in 1895 with the opening of a retail shop on South Street Elgin. Operating from the original premises, today the shop is a popular attraction for locals and visitors alike. Stocking a wide selection groceries, wines, spirits and an excellent delicatessen, the retail shop is perhaps best known for its unrivalled selection of whisky – stocking over 1000 variants.
· Gordon & MacPhail is world renowned as a bottler of whiskies from throughout Scotland. The company sends empty casks to distilleries throughout the land and has them filled with ‘new make’ spirit before then are matured at the distillery on in warehouses back in Elgin. The current Gordon & MacPhail portfolio contains over 300 whiskies from throughout Scotland. In 2010 Gordon & MacPhail made history when it launched the world’s oldest bottled Single Malt – Mortlach 70 Years Old – under its “Generations” brand. Gordon & MacPhail’s whiskies are enjoyed throughout the UK and are exported to over 50 international markets.
· Gordon & MacPhail acquired the Benromach Distillery, located on the outskirts of the ancient market town of Forres, in 1993 and after an extensive reinstallation project, embracing the distillery’s original character; Benromach was officially re-opened by HRH The Prince of Wales in 1998. Included in the award winning range of Benromach whiskies is Benromach 10 Years Old and Benromach Organic – the world’s first fully certified organic single malt.
· Finally Gordon & MacPhail is one of the UK’s top independent premium drinks wholesalers stocking over 4,500 products, including 1000 whiskies, over 800 wines, an eclectic selection of premium spirits and a fabulous range of Scottish micro beers.