The Whisky Exchange and Vinopolis present…
Burns Night Whisky, Food & Fun, with Simon & Franchi from Simply Whisky.
Wednesday 25th January, 7:00pm
Yes, it’s that time of the year again. Not that we have any complaints!
The annual Whisky Exchange Burns Night Whisky celebration has enlisted the fine services of Simon Roser and Franchi Ferla from Simply Whisky.com – a Scottish duo who are virtuosos in the art of tongue-in-cheek entertainment.
Simon & Franchi’s tasting in Vinopolis at the start of 2011 went down a storm and ranks as one of the best (and funniest) tasting evenings The Whisky Exchange has ever held.
Simon & Franchi will be bringing with them pipers, drummers, live music and of course a few extra surprises to keep you all in fine spirits throughout the evening.
Of course, no Burns Night would be complete without just a little Highland dancing, so to that end an invite has gone out to Licence to Ceilidh. They will be coming along to the dinner and be on-hand to teach you a few moves and set the night off!
Don’t worry! … you don’t have to be wearing a kilt or a ballgown on the night – there’s no dress code for the dinner, but don’t forget your dancing shoes!
You will be greeted on arrival with a whisky cocktail, before each course of the dinner is matched with a different whisky and accompanied by wine, beer and soft drinks. After dinner there will be a free bar sponsored by Chivas Brothers to accompany the dancing, open until 11:30pm with carriages at midnight.
The Whisky Exchange has put together a great line-up of drams to keep you in fine spirits for this delightful evening:-
* Chivas Brothers will be starting the evening by showing off some cocktails as well as running the post dinner bar featuring the middleweight champion of Speyside – The Glenlivet
* They will also be behind the delicious pairing of Scapa 16 year old with Cock-a-Leekie soup.
* Whyte & Mackay are beefing up the main course of Haggis, Neeps & Tatties with a little Isle of Jura 16 year old
* Glenfiddich will be on hand to wash down your Clootie Dumplings with a goodly dose of the 14 year old Rich Oak.
* For the final dram of the meal, we’ll be serving coffee with the Isle of Skye’s finest malt, the Talisker Distiller’s Edition.
Tickets are priced at £89 per person, and full tables of 8 are available at a 10% discount if you are looking for a corporate / party booking.
They are available by calling Vinopolis directly on +44 (0)20 7940 8300, or online.