Lagavulin Single Malt Scotch Whisky will once again be the headline sponsor of the Islay Jazz Festival in 2013.
The Lagavulin Islay Jazz Festival takes place from 13-15 September this year and attracts hundreds of jazz lovers.
This is now the fifteenth year that the Festival has been held on Islay, and the fourth year that the Festival has been sponsored by Lagavulin, whose continued backing has enabled the Festival to develop into the success story that it is today.
This year will also see another edition of the much-acclaimed special Islay Jazz Festival limited-edition bottling of Lagavulin, which will be released during the Festival.
Distillery manager Georgie Crawford, said “This is now the fourth year of our sponsorship of this excellent Festival. The island’s economy really gains from the extension of the season. Another bonus has been the discovery that the Malt Mill at Lagavulin has great acoustics for live music! And the last four years have brought many more visitors from neighbouring countries, reflecting continental European interest in jazz, and many more ‘whisky tourists’ too. We are delighted to welcome them to Islay and to Lagavulin.”
The line up this year includes:-
- European drummer Magnus Öström who will be playing at Lagavulin distillery’s Malt Mill and Bruichladdich Hall.
- Superband Trio Libero blend folk melodies, infectious grooves, and ambient Nordic cool.
- Making waves on the UK jazz scene, pianist Kit Downes debuts his Trio at Islay.
- The master of American Stride piano, Stephanie Trick delivers ragtime and boogie-woogie classics.
- The Festival has also formed a super Islay trio featuring musicians who are regular visitors to the Festival: bassist Mario Caribe, trumpeter Colin Steele, and guitarist Graeme Stephen.
- Local vocal star Sheena Swanson presents a brand new band comprising five Islay musicians.
Lagavulin is available from these Whisky Merchants:-