Jura Tastival 2016
Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th May 2016
Isle Of Jura Distillery Co
Isle of Jura
Tickets £11.74 – £48.67
Tastival is Jura’s two day contribution to the Feis Isle Festival, which attracts whisky aficionados from all over the world to distillery open days each year.
The event on Jura invites guests to experience the island’s only distillery, while exploring the many different ways to enjoy its whisky through live entertainment, sensory tastings and exclusive tours.
The schedule has something for everyone – but whisky fans will have to be quick – 95% of tickets for last year’s event sold out in just 24 hours.
This year’s ticketed sessions include:
• Dine the Different Sides of Jura – An eclectic sweet and smoky menu from Jimmy’s pop up – taking their renowned pop up dining concept out of London for a one-of-a-kind whisky pairing.
• Dram Fyne – In partnership with renowned craft beer brewers, Fyne Ales, tickets are now on sale for this sweet and smoky themed beer pairing, putting some well hopped IPAs to the test alongside Jura whisky.
• In Conversation: with Richard Paterson – An exclusive Jura tasting session and Q&A with whisky legend Richard Paterson.
• The Masters Tour – Jura Manager’s Willie Cochrane and Graham Logan will host this very special tour – a rare chance to experience the Jura still house as seen through the eyes of the people who make it.
• Whisky on the Waves – Ticketholders will cruise into the open sea to savour Jura Turas-Mara the way it was meant to be experienced – with the wind and sea spray in your face.
In addition to ticketed sessions, the Cooperage will be free to access, where street artists from Recoat will bring to life the different sides of Jura on a large-scale mural, live in the Dramming Bar. The distillery will also run free tours of the still house throughout the day on a first come, first served basis.
Guests will also have first opportunity to try this year’s limited edition Tastival bottling, released especially to mark the occasion. For 2016 Jura asked four artists from across the globe to create a unique illustrated design based upon their interpretations of the dram’s tasting notes. Following heated competition, where fans voted for their favourite design online, Jura’s first ever crowd sourced packaging is ready to be revealed – and toasted – live at Tastival 2016.
For more information: Jura Tastival