I was honoured just recently to be asked to contribute an article to Porch’s Blog: How to Store, Taste, Preserve and Mix Whisky: Tips from the Experts!.
Porch is dedicated to helping homeowners with their home improvements and moving projects, and in their blog they also provide advice and tips to help homeowners.
So, in the spirit of this (excuse the pun!) they thought they’d put together an article to help whisky lovers to have a better understanding and get to know a little bit more about the world of whisky – Hurrah!
The topics covered in the article are:-
- What makes Irish whiskey unique?
- What is the difference between single malt and single grain whisky?
- Tips to start your whisky collection. Why join a whisky club?
- What does ‘peaty’ mean when describing whisky?
- How do whisky clubs work, and what are the benefits of joining?
- What’s the difference between bourbon and rye whiskey?
- How to store your whisky
- How important is the cask (type/size) in whisky aging?
- Tips to become a better whisky shopper? How to choose the best one for you?
- Neat? On the rocks? In a cocktail?
Pretty comprehensive I’m sure you’ll agree?! And well worth a look!