Grantown-on-Spey based Highfern Ltd have launched their new Angels’ Nectar Cairngorms Edition, a Single Cask Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
Distilled within the Cairngorms National Park, the Cairngorms Edition has been released in partnership with the Cairngorms Trust, to support environmental and community projects in the Cairngorms National Park.
The 11 year old single cask has been bottled at 46% and at natural colour and is a limited edition of just 263 bottles.
A donation from each bottle sold will go towards the Cairngorms Trust, whose vision is to encourage sustainable and community led development, which enhances wildlife conservation, outdoor recreation and cultural heritage in the Cairngorms National Park.
Recent projects the Cairngorms Trust have assisted include improving habitat to encourage breeding ospreys and mountain footpath restoration.
We are delighted that Angels’ Nectar have chosen to donate to projects within the Cairngorms through the sales of the Angels’ Nectar Cairngorms Edition.
– Nancy Chambers: Cairngorms Trust Manager
For those who are missing the opportunity to get out and about in the Cairngorms this summer, what could be better than enjoying this taste of the Cairngorms at home.
– Robert Ransom: Angels’ Nectar Founder
Amongst others the Angels’ Nectar Cairngorms Edition is now available from the Balliefurth Farmshop, the Speyside Centre, and online at whiskycastle.com and Highfern’s own on-line store highfern.com at £68.00 per bottle.
So, what did I think? Robert from Highfern has very kindly sent me a sample (Cheers Robert!)
Here are my tasting notes …
Tasting Notes: Angels’ Nectar Cairngorms Edition – Single Cask Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky (46%)
Nose: Honey sweetness, popcorn, red and ginger wine. After a while there’s tropical fruits.
Palate: Syrupy, light, tropical fruits with a vanilla sweetness. Very nice!
Finish: Highly spiced with white wood and the tropical fruit continues. The fiery spice is long with a dry grapefruit finish.
Overall: Quite a peppery punch to this dram – a real surprise!
I really enjoyed this dram and I think it’ll soon sell-out – which is good news for the Cairngorms and an excellent way to help the environment!
· Highfern Ltd are the proprietors of Angels’ Nectar Whisky and importers of Langatun Whisky, Seven Seals Whisky, Smögen Whisky, Strane Gin & Kinghaven Rum. Alongside the Cairngorms Edition, Angels’ Nectar also offer Angels’ Nectar Blended Malt Scotch Whisky – Original 40%, Angels’ Nectar Blended Malt Scotch Whisky – Rich Peat Edition 46% and Angels’ Nectar Single Malt Scotch Whisky – Islay Edition 47%.
· For more on the Cairngorms Trust please see cairngormstrust.org.uk
· Cairngorms National Park: With an area larger than Luxembourg, the Cairngorms National Park, is the UK’s largest National Park, but home to just 18000 people. Endangered wildlife resident in the park include capercaillie, wildcats, golden eagles, and black grouse. Four of the UK’s five highest mountains are in the park. The headwaters of the River Spey are within the park. For more see cairngorms.co.uk and visitcairngorms.com
· For more information about Angels’ Nectar, please see: angelsnectar.co.uk