Grantown-on-Spey based Highfern Ltd have made a donation to the Cairngorms Trust of £1230, raised from sales of the Angels’ Nectar Cairngorms Edition, their Speyside Single Cask Scotch Whisky.
This donation will be used by the Cairngorms Trust for environmental and community projects in the Cairngorms National Park.
The Angels’ Nectar Cairngorms Edition, a Single Cask Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky, was released by Highfern Ltd in the summer in partnership with the Cairngorms Trust. Whilst the cask is now more or less sold out, a few bottles of this limited edition are still available from the Balliefurth Farm Shop and The Whisky Castle.
Following the success of the project, Angels’ Nectar have announced the release of their Cairngorms 2nd Edition. Whilst every single cask is different, like the previous release this is an 11 years old single cask which has been bottled at 46% and at natural colour, and as before distilled at a speyside distillery in the Cairngorms National Park.
This exclusive dram has an inviting sweet nose with hints of vanilla fudge and floral notes, which opens on the taste to reveal more sweetness, brandy butter and dried tropical fruit. Thanks to the Angels’ share, the cask has given just 146 bottles.
As before a donation from each bottle sold of the Angels’ Nectar Cairngorms 2nd Edition will go towards the Cairngorms Trust, whose vision is to encourage sustainable and community led development, which enhances wildlife conservation, outdoor recreation and cultural heritage in the Cairngorms National Park.
We are absolutely delighted that Angels’ Nectar are continuing their support to environmental and community projects around the Cairngorms National Park with the release of a second cask of the Cairngorms Edition.
– Nancy Chambers: Cairngorms Trust Manager
Firstly I would like to thank all those who have supported the important work of the Cairngorms Trust via their whisky glass! Looking ahead may we suggest the Angels’ Nectar Cairngorms 2nd Edition is the perfect Christmas gift for those who love whisky and the Cairngorms.
– Robert Ransom: Angels’ Nectar Founder
Amongst others the Angels’ Nectar Cairngorms 2nd Edition is now available from The Speyside Centre and from Highfern’s own on-line store highfern.com at £79.98 per bottle.
Free upgrade to 1st Class!
Orders placed on highfern.com until the 22nd. December:-
Pay for Royal Mail 2nd Class Signed For & they’ll send Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For!
Hopefully this will help ensure all drams arrive in time!
Robert from Highfern has very kindly sent me a sample (Cheers Robert!)
So, what did I think? Here are my tasting notes …
Tasting Notes: Angels’ Nectar Cairngorms 2nd. Edition – Single Cask Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky (46%)
Nose: Quite buttery with soft toffee, vanilla and white wood. Fresh apple grow and grow and there’s even a little citrusy lime! – It’s a lovely gentle nose that gets more and more tropical the longer it sits in the glass!
Palate: Creamy vanilla toffee with accompanying sweetness coupled with fresh apples and citrus – very fresh and light.
Finish: Gentle spice that blends with the sweeter flavours. This eventually takes over to release a powerful, long, peppery, chilli finish with tanin dryness at the end.
Overall: This dram grows on me as I sip!
It’s a balance of two halves with a refreshing first-half followed by a more fiery, punchy second-half.
A perfect match!
· Highfern Ltd are the proprietors of Angels’ Nectar Whisky and importers of Langatun Whisky, Seven Seals Whisky, Smögen Whisky, Strane Gin & Kinghaven Rum. Alongside the Cairngorms Edition, Angels’ Nectar also offer Angels’ Nectar Blended Malt Scotch Whisky – Original 40%, Angels’ Nectar Blended Malt Scotch Whisky – Rich Peat Edition 46% and Angels’ Nectar Single Malt Scotch Whisky – Islay Edition 47%.
· For more on the Cairngorms Trust please see cairngormstrust.org.uk
· Cairngorms National Park: With an area larger than Luxembourg, the Cairngorms National Park, is the UK’s largest National Park, but home to just 18000 people. Endangered wildlife resident in the park include capercaillie, wildcats, golden eagles, and black grouse. Four of the UK’s five highest mountains are in the park. The headwaters of the River Spey are within the park. For more see cairngorms.co.uk and visitcairngorms.com
· For more information about Angels’ Nectar, please see: angelsnectar.co.uk